Sunday, December 4, 2011

#23 David Beckham


Last Saturday, 03 December 2011, I was blessed with the opportunity to watch “it” live – the Smart Dream Cup 2011 with David Beckham at the Rizal Memorial Stadium (my muchos gracie to my “simpatico” sponsor ;)), - truly a “date-to-remember.”

As all spectators and participants are dazed with the magic of having legendary superstars play against our national team in Philippine soil. I saw him right infront of me, shirtless!!! Seeing David handing his jersey personally to Manny Pacquiao made it more of a humbling experience, as Beckham is a global icon himself. And made me really mystified as I forgot to press my phone’s record button while witnessing the act.

Really funny though to be cheering for the LA Galaxy every time they score a goal, amidst a major Filipino crowd. But I did come with Filipino Pride ingrained in me. Only, there is, No. 23 David Beckham.

An elite advertising brand and top fashion iconic athlete, Beckham’s talent in the sport of football is unquestionable. He is undeniably ‘good.’ The term being an understatement. I have witnessed myself the foot work and effortless grace unto which he played the game with his mates out at the stadium. He gave his hundred-percent performance with our PHL Azkals, who were like young kids eager to learn and experience world class football from Google's most searched of all sportsmen two-years consecutively.

A UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, Beckham pulled all manner of goodwill in response to underprivileged children by making a plea to fans/followers to spend thirty-three US dollars to purchase footballs for children around the world who cannot afford one, as his birthday wish this year. 

Becks passion and enthusiasm made me realize that there is enough reason to look to stars who put it right and make sense to the world out there. Seeing him in the flesh made it indeed worthwhile.








 



No comments: