Sunday, May 11, 2014

I consider myself frugal.


Whilst I do indulge periodically, I only do it when I need to. And I splurge with a conscious effort to be economical.

And most of the time, I knowingly avoid spending on unnecessary things. In which I experience definitive sense of pride for myself, jeje. Unto which I sense I am the fittest for survival should I become deficit.

Being frugal does not mean being cheap (and I intend not to go crossover the border). As being penny-wise should still emanate refinement.  Thus, I do not scrimp.

A life so simple and yet more challenging at the same time. As I intend not to compromise quality and sensibility. Life thus become more rewarding because it is focused only on the necessities – their durability and novelty.    

I would like to be able to save as much by living way below my means – to be able to quit whatever may be tying me up and possess the charisma to look for new options where I can generate positive vibes and be of benefit to others. I would want to be able to gain that confidence to allow me to afford making any decision without guilt.

Though being prudent is not just about saving money and spending less. It’s also about having the autonomy to follow our heart’s desires – or what is fundamentally important to us.

Use it up. Having had to buy it with a price means being creative to use it up with utmost care and utmost of its purpose.

Wear it out. Practice of things in full circle. When still functional, creativity becomes key to recycling and mix-and-match.
 
Make it do. Being content with what is available. Again, creativity is your best ally. Showcase the artist in you.

Do without. If it doesn’t slaughter, it is not a need.

Cook at home. It is a plenty. And there’s that satisfaction that chow is tasty and clean.

Free things. There is truth to the adage that the “best things in life are free.”
Again, again, be creative. Open your mind to the little, to the unusual, and not so ordinary.

Administering finances may never be painless and trouble-free. But with this approach or attitude, I am able and found my happiness.

 

No comments: