Saturday, February 18, 2012

Time Heals All Wounds


insets are the scars i incurred on 01 february 2012


Yea. It is indeed true. With the help of Contractubex and Ultraseal's Triple Antibiotic Ointment (which my dad brought in from his trip to the US), my scars, scratches, and wounds healed in no time. It has just been four days and my bruises dried up. Wyda even offered to pull the dry skin out of me, but I unyieldingly exclaimed ‘No!’. I am staying by it by not peeling it off, and let it come off by itself, in its own sweet time.

I remember my last long distance run with Lucy the Wednesday (that was February 1, 2012) prior our weekend full marathon at the Standard Chartered event in Hong Kong. I was running in full speed at one of the darkest spots of the Air Force area in Clark (just right before the street light in the corner before the Commissary), when I fell down spat bruising my left cheek, leaving blood all over my cheekbone and brows. As I lay flat still, I saw  two vehicles driving slowly to where am at trying to determine if they should help, only to decide not to (unto am thankfully relieved they did not). 'Cause at that time, am trying to hold my embarassment from my idea to safeguard my legs, shins and arms from the scratches about to befall me, thus, I chose my face to get scarred. Really crazy. He He. After minutes from my shame though, I tread to where Mt. Carmel Hospital is (which is only a few blocks away), and had emergency team do me first aid (pina-hospital ko sarili ko.;)) My second concern at the time then was La Greta Lucy. I just know she is looking for me. When I walked myself to the Parade Grounds after Mt. Carmel, I was lucky to see Boss Red and Miss Rinna about to ride their vehicle and asked me what happened. I said tearfully (inside), “nadapa po ako.” The gracious couple offered then to bring me to our office building where Lucy is bound to wait for me. And yes indeed, Ms. Lucy stood there waiting outside her parked car. She hurried up to me and saw my scars. She told me that she walked the few steps back to the Air Force area and asked the men stationed there if they saw a girl in dark running shirt and shorts donned in yellow running shoes, when it took for me to get to our meeting place at the corner of 7-11. The men in blue told her that I already passed by that area. I saw that I really frightened her as she was thinking to seek the help of our security department to find me. Good ‘old Lucy, I truly am blessed to have a friend like her. I would have done the same thing for her naman rin. That’s Team Clark. We don’t lose each other.

And now, after Hong Kong, my mother didn’t even realize that I have pockmarks. She just commented that I seemed to have this tiny little clear spot right near my eye. To which I replied, “Oh that, nothing to worry about.” ;D

No comments: